Palliative care is a specialized medical care for people with serious illnesses. It focuses on providing patients with relief from the symptoms and stresses of the serious illness.
Serenity Palliative Mission
To provide compassionate care and expertise in palliative resources with the patient’s current medical care. Serenity Palliative will educate and guide patients and their families appropriately regarding the best medical care options available for them with the patient’s beliefs, dignity, psychosocial and emotional status take into utmost consideration. Serenity Hospice has limitations in accepting patient to Palliative based on case to case basis. Initial evaluation is needed before acceptance.
Goals of Palliative
- Improve the quality of life for both the patient and the family.
- Build a trusting relationship with the patient and their family through the quality of care and support we provide.
- “Close the loop” after hospital discharge by providing information and guidance regarding the patient’s medical care.
Palliative Program Services
- Coordination of Care with your Primary Care Physician and Health Team
- Support and revisit end of life discussions
- Education for the patient, family, and caregiver
- Early intervention to prevent crisis
- Assist in completing POLST
Disciplines In Palliative Program
- Palliative Physician
- Licensed Nurses
- Community Outreach Coordinator
- Nurse Practitioner
- Medical Social Worker (MSW) if applicable